Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday should be stricken from the calendar; or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bald.

If you are reading this please keep stopping back. I swear that I will soon become more positive. Most of this stuff is cynical, but today it is really just because it's Monday. And I like being miserable. I was just told that it's a sign of aging.

I began coping with the aging process young. I have been bald since I was 19 so I have a right to hate everything and show my hate by complaining: I haven't run my fingers through my hair in over a decade for chrissakes.

Anyhoo... This morning I realized I was wearing a dork sweater with a dress shirt under it, a cap and a scarf. In my hand was a thermos of coffee and a lunch bag which included my main course of, wait for it, stew. I was on my way to a place I can't stand to do something that doesn't interest me. Oh, and I was listening to NPR on the way there. I am simultaneously a cliche and the father from Gremlins.

When did this happen? Anyone else out there feeling me? Any advice? Is it time to buy a red corvette?

I find my situation very similar to the existential plight of these lonely sun glasses that have been sitting on this window sill for months.




Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

3 comments:

  1. You are a cynical old man..... and you cant buy a red corvette sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh, being the sole commenter thus far that is neither female, nor related to you :

    i say buy the car, strip your sweater off, smash the care up, start it on fire, blame someone else, collect the insurance money as an inside job, and then use it to tranplant hair from your arse to your head..

    ...if that doesnt work, drink a bottle of whiskey.

    ReplyDelete