Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Crack Friday: The Ultimate Hallmark Holiday





I’d rather spend the extra money to avoid being grouped with these people. Perhaps that’s why I can never get ahead (because I’m not saving money on black Friday)—but I’d rather be behind than in that line. You can’t even leave the house and it’s unfair to us normal people that have off on that Friday. We have a natural fear of being trampled or manhandled by some old woman wielding a purse, or worse, a woman from Clarence with a pocket full of credit cards swinging her high heels searching for that last cheap net book. 



It's become a tradition to get up at 4AM stand in a long line and shop all day. Or worse, get to Target the night before and camp out. Put that into perspective. These stores, with all of their power and commercials and sales have turned half of the culture into Trekkies.


Get rolled on by people who are smarter than you. These marketing execs know what they are doing and believe me, in the long run we are all losing. You are spending more than you would have in the first place because you saved sooooo much. You think that Best Buy is you best friend because they gave such great deal, so you keep going back and giving them your business all year. They know the deal and get worked. When the sheep walk out smiling, they are counting their dough.

Catch me on the couch on crack Friday, then subsequently, enjoying Thanksgiving part 2 at the in-laws. Hey, don't even get me started on the irony that we celebrate the atomic elbow white people dropped on the Native American's... then the day directly after we all bask in the capitalistic wet dream we have created. What a mess.

4 comments:

  1. I'm writing this despise as I'm waiting in line at the cap for a midnight 50% off everything sale.... atleast I'm not outside in the rain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for the first time went out and saw first hand this ridiculous tradition..... never again. You think the lines at walmart are bad -- you should have seen the coach store at the outlet mall.

    ReplyDelete